Have you ever tried to Train a Dragon? Have you ever wanted to? How about a whole lot of Dragons? Here is your chance!
The University of Alabama at Birmingham, #UABBlazers, is seeking their Executive Director of EHS who will be responsible, through the team of direct reports and their respective staffs, to ensure all UAB employees are properly trained in their EHS responsibilities
This is just 1 of over 30 EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide. Follow our job announcements at https://lnkd.in/eFVKAnc and Twitter.com/Consentium or our LinkedIn Work Group at https://lnkd.in/e2ZG-Mj
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (The UAB Blazers uab.edu #UAB) is recruiting for their newly created and redefined Executive Director of Environmental, Health and Safety in Birmingham, AL, job 1183 at consentiumsearch.com Relocation assistance available within the US
This is a NEWLY CREATED position that will centralize EHS responsibility and accountability across the entire UAB campus
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the reorganization of, and ongoing challenges for the EHS function at a major academic institution? Do you have the experience to lead a team of experienced professionals to establish the strategic plan for all areas of the university including but not limited to Research Safety, Chemical Safety, Biological Safety, Radiation Safety, Laboratory Safety, Campus Safety, Fire & Life Safety, Laser Safety and Hospital Safety?
This is just ONE of the over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide, many of which are confidential and not listed on our website. There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
To drive a campus-wide Culture of Safety at UAB. To develop, lead and execute strategic and tactical plans to ensure that the University has comprehensive environmental health, and safety programs with the goal of providing the safest work environment for all our team members and prevents loss of life and injury to faculty, staff, patients, students, and visitors and to protect UAB property. To provide executive administrative direction and support for the day to day operations of the program and works in connection with the committees (led by the VP of Research) that are charged with the review and approval of research, teaching, or clinical activities requiring use of hazardous chemicals, biological, radioactive materials. These areas include but are not limited to Research Safety, Chemical Safety, Biological Safety, Radiation Safety, Laboratory Safety, Campus Safety, Fire & Life Safety, Laser Safety and Hospital Safety. To create a proactive culture that meets or exceeds stakeholder needs, oversee safety of events and interact with government agencies on behalf of the university while establishing excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline OR A Bachelor’s Degree, Plus a nationally recocnized board certification (CSP, CIH, CHP, etc.) plus 10 years of EHS Leadership experience in higher education
- At least Five (5), preferably more, years of EHS Leadership experience in in a higher education environment
- Demonstrated success positively influencing other professionals
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs in an academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the safety requirements of a research laboratory
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Preferred additional attributes that will enhance your submission:
- Professional Certification (CSP, CHMM, CIH, REM, PE etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- 10 or more years of EHS Leadership in an Research Academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS in a hospital setting including familiarity with Joint Commission and CMM guidelines
- Refines and drives the culture of safety programs on UAB’s campus. Sets vision and strategy, implementation and communication plan.
- Leads various communications committees to ensure the development of strategic Environmental Health & Safety communiques for use with campus constituents and partnership with the community.
- Provides strategic leadership of UAB’s various Environmental Health and Safety initiatives such that UAB maintains and builds upon its reputation as proactive best-in-class for Higher Education.
- Chairs various internal organizational teams/committees that helps develop/refine Environmental Health & Safety mission, policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Assures that UAB continuously improves by developing the strategy and plan of continuous improvement that enhances our performance in Environmental Health and Safety innovation.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators/Metrics to define and measure success of safety program.
- Provides technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support for the various Departments, Facilities, and Initiatives that focus on regulatory compliance issues in Safety and Environmental Health.
- Understands Research Health & Safety issues in a Higher Education environment and provides direction and leadership to campus related Environmental Health & Safety issues.
- Ensures current and future EHS programs are in full compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, expectations of funding agencies and accrediting bodies, government programs and University policies.
- Collaborates with various campus departments. to ensure the safety of students, faculty and staff as well as with the Police & Public Safety program, which includes UAB Emergency Management to respond to crisis situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets, and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website https://www.consentiumsearch.com/careerportal/#/jobs/1183
Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please, however if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Reminder: All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm: Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates are all encouraged to submit your credentials.
Refer a friend or client and be eligible for our REFERRAL BONUS that can pay you or your favorite charity. Details at https://www.consentiumsearch.com/giving-back
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm. Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates and all interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their credentials.
#EHSJobs #SafetyJobs #EnvironmentalJobs #OSHA #EPA #DEP #SafetyRecruiter #EHSrecruiter @ConsentiumSearch @Consentium #Safetyheadhunter #EHSheadhunter #EnvironmentalRecruiter #EnvironmentalHeadhunter “Occupational Safety”
Consentium Search was founded on the belief that great organizations are successful and profitable in no small part because they protect their employees, the environment and their tangible and intangible assets.
To accomplish this, those entities need access to the best Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS, HSE, OSH) professionals in order to bring those skills and talents to bear for the organizations’ success.
The EHS Professionals who fulfill these roles are experts whose responsibility it is to see that their workplace protects lives and property while simultaneously protecting their company’s profit margins. They are expected to design, develop, implement and continuously improve Injury and Illness Prevention Plans (IIPP) programs that will:
- Assess the potential risks and hazards that can cause harm to people and / or property
- Mitigate or minimize those hazards to protect employees, any and all travelers and guests, property and other assets as well as the environment
- Training programs to teach all stakeholders about their personal responsibility concerning protecting themselves, others and physical assets in the performance of their jobs
- Measure, monitor and continuously improve leading and lagging indicators and metrics regarding:
- Behavior Based Safety (BBS) observations
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for every job and task being performed by employees
- Lock out / Tag out (LOTO) compliance
- Near Miss / Near Hit incidents and observations
- Total Recordable Injury Rates (TRIR)
- Days Away and Restricted Time (DART)
- Experience Modification Rates (EMR)
- Oversight and control of the EHS Management System
- Coordinate with Emergency Management (Transportation Safety Agency (TSA), police, fire, ambulatory) services and committees
- Waste management and disposal plans for everything from traditional trash cans and food waste to medical, chemical and other hazardous waste storage and removal and even removal of nuclear waste with specific attention paid to Large Quantity Generator (LQG) rules
- Lead to and maintain certification under International Standards Organization (ISO) such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, ISO 22001 and ISO 45001
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) for chemical handling and storage and full Process Safety Management (PSM) training if quantities require it
- Meet or exceed federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining and be the intermediary in dealing with regulators from, but not limited to, the:
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency (OSHA)
- OSHA 10- and 30-hour training
- OSHA 1910, 500, 510 and other regulations
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations
- Clean Water Act (CWA),
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Superfund Amendments Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Pollutants (NESHAP)
- New Source Performance Standards (NSPS)
- Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
- Spill Prevention, Containment and Control (SPCC)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Department of Transportation (DoT)
- Transportation Safety Administration (TSA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Agency (FMCSA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)
- Department of Homeland Security
- US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency (OSHA)
Top EHS Professional we recruit will generally have their bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline. Many also have a master’s degree in one of these fields. In addition, those considered the top players will usually have one or more of the following nationally recognized Board Certifications:
- Certified Food Safety Professional (CFSP)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Graduate Safety Professional (GSP)
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Registered Environmental Manager (REM)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Certified Environmental Professional (CEP)
- Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA)
Consentium Search has years of experience recruiting for these very professionals at every level of an academic institution’s needs such as:
Health and Safety Coordinator
EHS Staff member
Fleet Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
Environmental Compliance Manager
Director of Environmental, Health and Safety
Vice President of Environmental, Health and Safety