Are you a dynamic EHS Executive looking for an opportunity direct and lead the Campus and Research Environmental, Health and Safety programs at a world renown higher education institution?
Our client, Northeastern University, is recruiting for an Associate Vice Provost for Education and Research Safety (AVPERS) in Boston, MA. This is job 1238 at consentiumsearch.com
Relocation assistance possible within the US
This is just ONE of the over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide, many of which are confidential and not listed on our website.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium or sign into LinkedIn and join our Work Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4547482/
There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
The AVPERS will develop a strategic vision and executable plan for leading a Culture of Education and Research Safety across Northeastern University, including global campuses and all locations where the university community is engaged in laboratory and/or field research, education, and co-curricular activities.
This position will be an integral member of the Office of the Provost, and reports to the Senior Vice Provost for Curriculum and Programs (SVPCP), with dotted line reporting to the Senior Vice Provost for Research. As a member of the leadership team of the SVPCP, the AVPERS will design and implement a robust education and research safety program for the University. Through strategic and collaborative leadership, and using strong organizational communications skills, they will foster a “Culture of Education and Research Safety” throughout the University and its Global Network. This enhanced and inclusive emphasis on safety will encompass teaching and research laboratories, associated support spaces, student activity and other hands-on learning spaces, and field activities related to education and research. It is anticipated that the current Division of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will transition to a direct reporting relationship to the AVPERS.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Eight (8) or more years of system wide EHS management responsibility experience, including a significant portion in higher education research and campus settings
- Demonstrated success and advanced training in laboratory research environments
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive Environmental processes and programs including, but not limited to, CAA, CWA, RCRA, SARA
- Demonstrated success in utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Demonstrated success establishing and managing departmental budgets
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Ph.D. in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- 10 or more years of system wide EHS management responsibility experience, including a significant portion in higher education research and campus settings
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Establish the Strategic Vision for Safety at Northeastern University
- Direct, lead and manage the oversight of the Safety Outreach and Communication channels
- Lead, participate and/or collaborate with a number of existing and yet to be formed interdepartmental and interdisciplinary committees
- Design, develop, implement, manage and review all EHS programs to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and institution regulations and guidelines for excellence
- Lead, direct, develop and manage the EHS staff
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or by clicking this link https://consentiumsearch.com/careerportal/#/jobs/1238 If the link does not work, please copy and paste it into your browser. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please, however if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer welcomes all qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation. Northeastern University also encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Consentium Search is a niche professional search and recruiting firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm. Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates and all interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their credentials.
Keywords: #EHSJobs #EHSCareers @EHSCareers #SafetyJobs #EnvironmentalJobs #OSHA #EPA #DEP #SafetyRecruiter #EHSrecruiter @ConsentiumSearch @Consentium #Safetyheadhunter #EHSheadhunter #EnvironmentalRecruiter #EnvironmentalHeadhunter “Occupational Safety” “Occupational Health and Hygiene” “Environmental Engineering” “EHS jobs” “Environmental jobs” “Environmental Manager jobs” “Environmental Engineer jobs” “Environmental Specialist jobs” “Environmental Scientist jobs” “Environmental Director jobs” “Environmental Vice President jobs” “Environmental & Safety Manager jobs” “EH&S Director jobs” “EH&S Specialist jobs” “Air Quality jobs” “Air Specialist jobs” “Industrial Hygiene jobs” “Industrial Hygienist jobs” “Occupational Health jobs” “Process Safety Management jobs” “Process Safety Engineer jobs” “PSM jobs” “Safety jobs” “Construction Safety jobs” “Safety Manager jobs” “Safety Director jobs” “Safety Training jobs” “Ergonomics jobs” “Ergonomist jobs” “Toxicology jobs” “Product Safety jobs” “Product Stewardship jobs” “Environmental Technician jobs” “Industrial Hygiene Technician jobs” “Safety Technician jobs” “EHS Internship jobs” “Entry level EHS jobs”